Products for the maintenance
The cleaning of wood floorings must be carried out with attention and gentleness. Please carefully follow your floor recommendations as shown in the technical data sheet of the product you have purchased and below. For daily cleaning it is advisable to employ dry cleaners, because stagnant water on the floor inevitably cause swelling and, in some woods, tannin leakage with blackening of the planks, damages that cannot be easily repairable. Instead use vacuum cleaners or brushes with soft bristles to avoid debris and dirt from piling and consequent unsightly scratches caused by foot traffic. Vacuums with a beater bar or power rotary brush head can damage a wood floor and should not be use. Do not use industrial machines, floor washing robots or steam machinery which generally have an abrasive action, high temperatures and use an excessive amount of water that may seep in and damage the floor.
Do not overlook periodic treatment with regenerative and protective products,
this must be carried out according to the intensity of use and its finish.
It is important to highlight that wood floors are made with natural materials subject to wear, scratches and dents.
In order to better protect the flooring use the following tips:
- Use felt protectors under heavy pieces of furniture and chairs
- Use protective mats at all exterior entrances
- Spiked heels or shoes in need of repair can severely damage flooring
- Replace hard plastic, metal casters, or wheels on furniture with soft rubber casters or by using a protective mat under the casters
- Keep pet nails trimmed
- Use protective window coverings to protect hardwood floors from excessive heat during periods of direct sunlight
- Never use rubber backed rugs or pads as they may damage hardwood floors. Area rugs should be soft, non-abrasive, and urethane backed
- Immediately remove domestic pet dirt and any other liquid substance spilt on the floor